Boring Useless Facts about Me:

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to follow Jesus as best as I know how. I do this with a group of my best friends as we seek to understand God's purpose for our lives and then bring about a reality of heaven in the world we live in.

Friday, May 2, 2008

Here We Go!

Hello All! Welcome to my new blog. This is the first time that I have attempted a blog, so I guess we're all in for a ride. I suppose I could at least explain who I am a little for those of you who don't know me from Adam. . .and who is this Adam that everyone talks about anyway?

Well, I'm 33, and I've got a gorgeous and loving wife and one of the greatest little boys in the world! (Indulge me, I'm a father.) I'm just about to leave the job that I've had for the past 5 years and embark on a new adventure. That's something about me that you'll find, I love adventure and trying new things. In this case, I believe very strongly that this is something I'm supposed to do. Up front, I should let you know that I am a follower of Jesus, and try every day to live the way He would want me to.

I want to explain a little more on that last part. I say follower of Jesus because I don't feel like saying I'm a christian really explains it anymore. I feel like the institutional church has kinda strayed from the original intent of our faith and has maybe become a little more of a religion than a lifestyle. Anyway, my goal is to live like Jesus, not the way a certain church or denomination tells me to live and think. Don't get me wrong, there are a LOT of great people in the churches, it just doesn't seem to do it for me anymore. I need something more. . .more on that later!

Okay, well, I guess that at least gets us started. I hope to use this blog to get out some of my thoughts, and hopefully you will help me by replying and even stretching my own thoughts on issues. I also promise to never pull any punches. I will say what I truly believe, and hopefully that will reflect my desire to follow Jesus. What you see is what you get with me, and I know that I'm not always right. My goal is to be on a journey with you as I continue to seek the way I was meant to live in this world.

Grace and Peace, the Phatkat ><>

No comments: