Boring Useless Facts about Me:

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to follow Jesus as best as I know how. I do this with a group of my best friends as we seek to understand God's purpose for our lives and then bring about a reality of heaven in the world we live in.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

What am I Searching For?

Okay, so I'm on this journey, trying to figure out exactly what I think God intended and I ran across this quote. It's by Rob Bell, whom I absolutely feel a kindred spirit with:

“Church is when you are sitting around in your living room with people who would give their lives for each other. So I don’t have any time or tolerance for nice services where we feel good about ourselves and give a little bit of our money to some people over here or there. To me, church is the people whom you are journeying with. . .”

How beautiful is that?!?!? I love how he cuts thru the crap and comes up with something that really matters. Of course, I only believe it really matters because he happens to be saying something that I already believe. I am very concerned with how the church is supposed to be represented here on earth. I don't want to confuse anyone, either, so let me make sure and clarify that I believe there is only one church and we are all part of it. Denominations and styles matter none to me. I'm more concerned with living as we were meant to live, representing who Jesus is accurately, not tainted by so much religion and laziness.

So, it brings me to a question. Do you have anyone you could say you would give your life for? Are you truly journeying with others or just traveling a road alone? Do you share the joys and pains of life, or when someone asks you how you are doing do you just say fine? We live in such a plastic and surface level world. . .I want more!

I think we were meant for something more and I want to pursue it. I believe life is worth living, and that trying to live it just for my own gratification would be pointless and a waste. I want to connect with people that want to change the world, dream big, and also just sit around and laugh a lot. I want close enough connections that we all feel free to drop in on each other any time we want. I want to truly live my life in such a way that I think about you and your needs above my own. I want to see what's wrong with the world and be heartbroken enough to want to change it, not just walk on by and ignore yet another fault in this world.

So, there's a start of what I'm looking for. What about you? What is it you really want to see happen? What do you really think is worth living for?

1 comment:

Breona (with love) said...

i like your poll lol :D