Boring Useless Facts about Me:

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to follow Jesus as best as I know how. I do this with a group of my best friends as we seek to understand God's purpose for our lives and then bring about a reality of heaven in the world we live in.

Monday, December 1, 2008

Live Like Jesus

  So, what does it mean to be a Christian?  I guess in the end, it's as simple as living like Jesus.  The hard part comes in trying to figure out what that means.  I think a lot of christianity would teach that it means following a set of rules and looking like a "good" person.  I think it's easier.  All you have to do is live like Jesus.
  I'm not suggesting that you can ever BE Jesus, just that we should quit trying to make it so hard.  Just live like Him.  He fed people who were hungry, you may not feed 5,000 but I bet you could invite a neighbor over for supper.  He healed the sick and hurting.  You may not walk around performing miraculous healings, but I bet you could listen to a hurting friend or pray for someone with cancer.  He turned water into wine for a party, maybe you could just invite a friend to share a beer and talk.
  I'm sure some may think this is oversimplified, but I think we could probably do without a great deal of the theology and doctrine if we just learned to live our lives by loving our God and loving our neighbor.  Period.  Sounds so simple. . .why is it so hard?

No comments: