Boring Useless Facts about Me:

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to follow Jesus as best as I know how. I do this with a group of my best friends as we seek to understand God's purpose for our lives and then bring about a reality of heaven in the world we live in.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Worst Part of Winter

Okay, so you should know right up front that I've been sick for the last 3 days and I may sound a bit grumpy.  I had terrible sinus problems and a cold that drains every ounce of energy from you.  In my case, the runny nose means that I will also constantly be having bloody noses, so that's an added bonus.  To top everything off, I've been using a different medicine to "help" but seems to give me the worst cotton mouth I've ever had in my life.  Basically, I'm sick of being sick!  Take this cold weather and SHOVE IT!
So, some people will say that I don't know how to slow down and take it easy so my body will recover, but I'm sure there are others who think I'm lazy and need to do more work.  Who knows. . .and right now I don't really care.  Basically, I just want to be finished being miserable.
Of course, I do know that God made this crazy body I'm in.  I also think He made sure it could heal, so in the midst of my discomfort I want to take time and thank God for my health (that's the faith speaking).  Also, as an aside, I'm thankful that I'll live until tomorrow which means I will have been treading this earth for 34 years.  Thanks for that, God, and thanks for letting me start to understand my place here. . .

1 comment:

Breona (with love) said...

i've been sick a lot this winter too. boooo :(