Boring Useless Facts about Me:

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to follow Jesus as best as I know how. I do this with a group of my best friends as we seek to understand God's purpose for our lives and then bring about a reality of heaven in the world we live in.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Neighbors Helping Neighbors

We got a decent snow storm last night, maybe 4-6", so there was a decent amount of snow last night.  I don't usually wake up too early, so by the time I got up I noticed that my neighbor had already cleaned the front of my driveway where the snowplow leaves the really thick, heavy stuff.  I was overjoyed, and went outside to get started on the rest of my drive and sidewalk, and maybe some of the neighbors sidewalks.

The neighbor who was already working came over, and I just wanted to thank him, but he asked for help.  He had gotten a piece of wood stuck in his snowblower and I had tools to cut it out.  It was just neighbors helping neighbors, and it was beautiful.  

I think to how many times I just ignore a neighbor so I can get inside quickly.  It's amazing how little it takes to really care about people.  I wonder what our communities would look like if we just decided to care for others just a part of the time?

Well, my neighbor and I ended up cleaning the sidewalk of all 6 houses surrounding mine, and we cleaned 4 of the driveways.  We didn't want money or recognition (even though I'm talking about it here, shh don't tell anyone!), we just wanted to care about our community and our neighbors.  I hope you find a way to do that today, no matter how small it may be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey guy! Great to talk with you and Laura last night & your little guy is a cutie too! :) Yea I know
what you mean as neighbour's doing for other neighbour's! The lady I told you about! Sooooo KOOL of her
wasn't it!? I talked with her 2day
and she will come over Tues. Maybe
we can get to be friends & get it going over this way or something!? Sound good? Have a great and warm weekend my young friends! Katie